The DaanUtsav Fellowship is an opportunity for young professionals to create significant social change. The Fellowships, hosted by iVolunteer, Impact Guru, IndiaCares, GrowTrees, Letzchange and Swatantra Talim will enable Fellows to reach out to and mobilise hundreds of thousands of citizens to give, and to experience the joy in doing so. Through this process, fellows will build a lot of hard and soft skills, develop fabulous relationships, grow in confidence, and get in touch with their inner selves. Above all, the Fellowship will help each of them experience the exhilarating joy in giving of oneself to society!
The Fellowship programme is a 6 month, full-time commitment from May 4 to November 3, 2017 that carries a modest stipend. The following Fellowships are in offer this year-
|Host Org||Fellowship Type||Location|
|iVolunteer||City Fellowship [SELECTED & CLOSED]||Hyderabad|
|iVolunteer||City Fellowship [SELECTED & CLOSED]||Mumbai|
|iVolunteer||Media & Communications Fellowship [OPEN]||Mumbai|
|IndiaCares||City Fellowship [SELECTED & CLOSED]||Bengaluru|
|Impact Guru||Crowdfunding Fellowship [SELECTED & CLOSED]||Mumbai|
|Grow Trees||Crowdfunding Fellowship [OPEN]||Mumbai|
|LetzChange||Digital Communications Fellowship [SELECTED & CLOSED]||Delhi, NCR|
|Swatantra Talim||City Fellowship [SELECTED & CLOSED]||Lucknow|
Each fellow will be assigned a Mentor, who is a DaanUtsav volunteer himself/herself, and will work from the offices of the Mentor, the host organization, or in a local nonprofit organization. Fellows will be offered a stipend of Rs15,000 per month and a reimbursement of Rs5,000 per month towards local conveyance, telephone and other expenses, so totalling Rs20,000 per month.
For the Communications Fellowship, those proficient in the desired technical skills, having at least 2-3 years’ work experience, will be offered a higher stipend of Rs 25,000 per month, and an additional reimbursement of Rs 5,000 per month, totalling Rs30,000 per month. Fresher applications without the proficiency required, will be considered at the regular stipend level of Rs20,000 per month.
In Mumbai and Delhi, a partial rent reimbursement of Rs5,000 per month may be offered to non-residents of the city, i.e., those who do not stay with family or relatives.
Fellows may need to travel outside their cities for 3-5 days a month, for national orientation, trainings and reviews, a few field visits to surrounding towns and rural areas as part of their work. All such outstation travel expenses will be fully reimbursed, and Mentors will ensure that such travel is safe for the Fellow.
- Be overall responsible to ensure that a million people celebrate the festival in your city
- Conceptualise, design and implement public events and activity ideas for mass participation in the festival
- Meet several new organisations/institutions and previous participants, and engage them in DaanUtsav celebrations. This includes corporates (CEOs, CXOs, HR & CSR heads and managers), schools and colleges (Principals and senior teachers), senior Government officials (senior police & municipal corporation officers, senior executives in Govt enterprises, Secretaries, Directors of Govt departments)
- Schedule and help organize volunteer meets, including logistics, keep minutes and follow up on the tasks agreed by volunteers in each city
- Assist volunteers in the city in helping scale up DaanUtsav participation
- Brainstorm on new ideas for mass participation
- Schedule and organize NGO/Corporate workshops or such meets to propagate the festival and get larger participation.
- Compile/ create with help, suitable collateral for use- presentations, mailers, documents
- Post updates on website, social media and co-ordinate with local media where required
- Any other tasks assigned by the Mentor or volunteers of the city from time to time
- Work with the Mentor and advisors/ volunteers to chalk out a Media strategy and a Communication Plan for the festival
- Meet TV channels, newspapers, radio stations and other media outlets and engage them, including Doordarshan, All India Radio & community radio stations.
- Manage @DaanUtsav social media handles (FB, Twitter, Youtube) and website, blog, as well as outreach to pages/channels like Logical Indan, TBI, AIB, Tintumon, Laughing Colours, etc.
- Meet and seek support from promotion sources (Outdoor, auto unions, Uber/Ola/Meru, etc.) and pursue other “BTL marketing” ideas
- Create various collaterals as required (videos, pictures, prezis, ppts, posters, banners, etc.), get them translated in various languages
- Any other task assigned by the Mentor or other volunteers from time to time
- Create crowdfunding ideas & event ideas for various verticals/groups (schools, colleges, NGOs, corporates, etc.)
- Reach out to people across verticals in the region and evangelise #DaanUtsav to them
- Present #DaanUtsav crowdfunding opportunities at various workshops and platforms.
- Help host organisation design & own a challenge/event for #DaanUtsav
- Find sponsors for “matching grants” by cause/NGO and “challenge grants” for specific orgs from funders and assist NGOs in earning them
- Organise crowdfunding workshops for individuals & by vertical
- Create & share collaterals on crowdfunding, including toolkits
The Digital Communications Fellow’s role will be to
- Influence, inspire & motivate brands to use #DaanUtsav or #DaanUtsav evens to strategise and promote their brand’s core values. Initiate ideas for such mass communication campaigns across various media
- Collaborate with Social Media Influencers, to volunteer on spreading the word about #DaanUtsav across their own channels. Example: Popular Twitteratti, Youtubers, Podcasters, Instagramers, etc
- Keeping a special eye on collaborating with budding vernacular entities in online space.